Protect your Greenville home from destructive termites.
Greenville's warm, humid climate makes it a hotspot for termites that can cause severe damage to your home. Don't let these tiny destroyers take over - get a free termite inspection today with Croach® Pest Control.
Why You Need a Termite Inspection
The Termite Threat in Greenville
In nature, termites benefit the ecosystem by disposing of rotting dead wood. Unfortunately, they can't distinguish between dead logs and the materials that form the structure of your house.
Ignoring a termite infestation can have severe consequences. Termites can compromise the structural integrity of your house, leading to weakened foundations, sagging floors, and even collapse in some extreme cases.
Termites reproduce rapidly, forming large colonies that can spread rapidly through your home. The longer you wait to take action, the more extensive and costly the damage will be.
- Greenville's climate is ideal for termites, with hot summers and mild winters.
- Termites feast on the wood and plant materials in your home, including drywall. A colony can destroy walls, floors, and structural foundations if left unchecked.
- Repairing termite damage in a Greenville home costs an average of $3,000. But costs can exceed $37,500 if infestation is severe.
- When termites are flying (or swarming) outdoors, there can be hundreds or thousands, and a few may come indoors incidentally. HGIC in Clemson states that the best way to protect a home against termite attack is with a combination of prevention, termite inspection, and control.
- Greenville's average of 62+ days per year above 90°F spur termite activity.
How to Take Back Your Home
Start with early detection and a termite inspection. Preventative measures are far easier and less costly than termite treatment and damage repair.
Other termite prevention measures:
- Minimize the amount of wood-to-soil contact around your home. Keep firewood, mulch and other wooden materials at least 20 feet from your foundations.
- Keep your gutters and downspouts in good repair. They should direct rainwater away from your house and deprive termites of an attractive water source.
- Seal cracks or openings around the exterior of your home's exterior.
If we find a problem during our termite inspection, we can take immediate steps to kill the colony with commercial-grade bait stations.
Termites carry the bait back to the nest, killing them off by interfering with their ability to molt. Bait destroys the worker termites first, starving the rest of the colony. Eventually, it can even lead to the demise of the queen.
We'll handle your initial bait placements, as well as bait station inspections and periodic bait replacements.
Signs of Termites in Your Greenville Home
- Small piles of winged insects appearing in spring. These may be swarming termites.
- Tan or brown mud tubes on exterior walls, foundations, or crawl spaces.
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped. This indicates interior damage.
- Cracks in drywall, uneven floors, or sagging doors and windows.
Take Action Against Termites
Don't wait - call Croach® Pest Control for a free termite inspection today. Here's how we defeat termites:
- Thorough inspection of your home's interior and exterior to check for signs of infestation.
- Immediate treatment with commercial grade termite bait if termites are found.
- Ongoing bait replacement and inspections to eliminate the colony.
- Preventative treatment around vulnerable areas.
Get comprehensive termite protection with the pest control experts at Croach®. Contact us today to schedule your free termite inspection. Let's work together to defend your home!
Our Greenville, SC Pest Control Service Area
We serve the Greenville area including Anderson, Arcadia, Arcadia Hills, Berea, Brookhaven, Chick Springs, City View, Clemson, Conestee, Drayton, Dunean, Fairmont Mills, Five Forks, Fountain Inn, Gantt, Golden Grove, Greenville, Greer, Judson, Magnolia Acres, Mauldin, Overbrook, Park Place, Parker, Piedmont, Powdersville, Sans Souci, Saxon, Simpsonville, Spartanburg, Startex, Taylors, Travelers Rest, Wade Hampton, Welcome, West View, White Horse, Whitney Heights, Willow Heights, Woodberry, and Woodfield.